Electrical & Lighting Fires
According to the NFPA, in 2011 approximately 47,700 home structure fires were caused by some sort of electrical failure or malfunction. These resulted in 418 deaths, 1,570 injuries and $1.4 billion in property damage.
SERVPRO Of Olathe / Lenexa has a series of safety tips that can help keep your home safe from fires.
- Don't overload outlets or electrical cords.
- Make sure you have the right cord for the job; inside cords for inside, heavy duty/outside cords for outdoor use.
- Don't leave Christmas lights, Christmas trees, or halogen lights on overnight or when not at home.
- Consider having an electrician perform an annual checkup of your home's wiring.
If your home suffers a fire your can count on us to make it "Like it never even happened."