Dryers & Washing Machine Fires
One of the most common fire restoration situations SERVPRO of Olathe / Lenexa services is a dryer or washing machine fire. Clothes dryer fires happen more often than one might think, accounting for 16,800 home structure fires in 2010 and doing more than $236 million in property damage.
- Clean the lint screen frequently and don't run the dryer without it.
- For gas and propane dryers, make sure there aren't any leaks in the lines.
- Vent the dryer to the outside of the house and ensure nothing blocks the vent pipe.
- Clean the vent pipe and the area where the screen is housed.
- Keep the area around the dryer free of combustible materials.
Remember these safety tips to keep from having to give us a call in the case of fire.