Restoration Products Target Specific Obstacles of Olathe Fire Restoration
Our team relies on many cleaners and products to manage the restoration of fire-damaged Olathe properties.
Fires can form rapidly and require several unique practices to restore and clean. Our rapid-response team can help with the full measure of our cleaning products for every need a fire-damaged home might have.
Soot and Smoke Removal
Fire and smoke cleanup for Olathe homes often relies on products and tools explicitly designed for soot and smoke soil removal. Some of these include:
- Solvents – these products utilize a principle of dissolving with a similarly-composed chemical to eliminate much of the soil threat on the surface.
- Detergents – Another solution involves a chemical process to emulsify soils and pull them from their attachments with the hosting materials for easier wipe cleaning.
- Chemical Sponges – Chem sponges are rubber-like products designed to pull soot from affected materials when not damp or oily.
Malodor Removal Solutions
Removing odors can be a substantial need of the property. Olathe homes can rapidly become overwhelmed by harsh smells created by combustion, so our experienced professionals prioritize employing our powerful products and equipment to help. Counteractant products in our inventory can lessen the severity of offensive odors.
Refinishing Supplies During Restoration
It is often necessary to refinish or repaint surfaces affected by fire damages, but even that ultimately requires an additional level of cleaning and restoration. Based on the type of material and its desired appearance, specific actions might be needed.
- Wood Crème Pastes – These products help with the damage that wood grain surfaces and fixtures might experience. It has a gentle abrasion to remove set-in soils and restore the original sheen of the wood.
- Odor-Sealing Primer – When repainting is needed, odor-sealing primers prevent trapped smoke odors from ever reappearing.
- Abrasive Media Blasting – Aggressive and abrasive cleaning measures can often be necessary for many installed structural elements to prevent tear-out.
When disasters like fires strike, our SERVPRO of Olathe / Lenexa and SERVPRO of Blue Valley teams are ready to help 24/7 at (913) 782-4693.