Is Demolition Part of Olathe Commercial Water Damage Restoration?
SERVPRO Uses Partial Tear-Outs to Build Back Flooded Olathe Businesses Stronger
Often Olathe commercial water damage mitigation and remediation contractors recommend demolition during emergency services. The water damage itself seems to pale compared to the disruption of business operations suggested.
Why Does SERVPRO Include Demolition as Part of Water Damage Remediation Strategies?
If standing water remained static after burst pipes, ceiling leaks, or basement flooding occurs, water removal services for your Olathe Business would be straightforward -- extraction, containment, and lawful disposal of visible fluids equal a job completed. In reality, leaks and flooding spread comprehensively throughout a commercial structure. Many building materials are porous, soaking up moisture like sponges. Cracks and crevices permit water to migrate over, beneath, and behind structural components, resulting in long-term and progressive damage, leading finally to weakening and destruction:
- Woodwork, cabinets and framing swells and distorts
- Flooring and floor coverings of various types warp, buckle, detach, delaminate, and permit water percolation into a commercial building’s load-bearing substrate.
- Drywall and plaster form cavities that eventually trap so much water that they collapse, destroying other structures and placing occupants in harm’s way.
- Secondary water damage such as mold growth takes hold.
How Can Controlled Demolition Support Rapid Restoration?
Replacement or repairs of most building materials in an Olathe business facilitates quick restoration and rebuilding, “Like it never even happened.” Here are some examples:
- Sagging ceiling tiles rebound after we punch weep holes or remove (and replace) a few tiles to release water.
- Drilled or sawn holes in drywall or plaster also release water and accommodate drying equipment such as air movers and dehumidifiers.
- More significant “flood cuts” remove irreparably damaged materials and open the area for unimpeded drywall erection, mudding, and painting -- a crisp, clean way to restore the look of interior spaces.
Trust SERVPRO of Olathe / Lenexa and SERVPRO of Blue Valley to use best practices and all resources available to get your business back on track after water damage. Reach out day or night at (913) 782-4693 to schedule an assessment that considers all your options.