Your Belongings and Mold Damage
Why Your Kansas City Mold Damaged Belongings Are Important to Us
The entire family of SERVPRO of Olathe / Lenexa lives and works in the greater Kansas City area. We are one with our communities and understand the stress suffered by our neighbors when a mold infestation has damaged or destroyed personal possessions.
The Contents of a House are What Make it a Home
Our team can scrape off mold colonies and use air scrubbers to keep the air clear of mold spores and particulates during the cleanup and any necessary demolition. But let's preserve the essence of contents and possessions by relocating them during the remediation process.
• Keepsakes, intrinsic value not a factor, only the customers' sensitivities toward these cherished items
• Heirlooms and expensive pieces of art--moved out of harm's way, perhaps even to a curator for cleaning and safekeeping
• Home libraries containing books handed-down through generations, documents highlighting births, marriages, and more
• Photos and Memorabilia of family, friends, and events
We make this promise to our fellow Kansas City residents--we always strive to preserve the things that mean the most to your during any mold remediation service that our SERVPRO team executes on your behalf.
Our facility can transport and store in a climate-controlled environment your content. We can clean and disinfect items, piece by piece as needed with our advanced equipment and specially formulated cleaning and deodorizing.
If You Have Questions or Need Help, Call Us Today – (913) 782-4693
SERVPRO of Olathe / Lenexa and SERVPRO of Blue Valley specializes in restoring contents damaged by fire, water, or mold. Our expertise and “restore” versus “replace” mentality can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes that can’t be replaced. We pretest your contents to determine what items can be restored back to their condition before the water and mold damage. We utilize several methods of cleaning your contents, including:
- Dry Cleaning - Used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean prior to wet cleaning.
- Wet Cleaning - An effective cleaning method for removing moderate to heavy residues.
- Spray and Wipe -Effective for items that can’t withstand wet cleaning.
- Foam Cleaning - Used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed if wet cleaned.
- Abrasive Cleaning - Involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
- Immersion Cleaning - Contents are dipped into a bath of the cleaning product.
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Olathe / Lenexa and SERVPRO of Blue Valley can conduct an organized, efficient move-out of the affected area. A move-out will provide several benefits, including:
- A quicker remodeling process
- Protecting items from potential damage
- Protecting contents from further on-site damage
When the restoration is completed, we will work with you to coordinate the move-in according to your needs. The services offered upon move-in may depend on your insurance coverage.
Water-damaged electronics can present a serious hazard. Do not attempt to turn on or operate any electrical device that you suspect has been damaged by water. We will coordinate the restoration of your electronics, including:
- Television sets
- DVD players
- And more
The key to restoring electronics is taking prompt action to prevent further damage. We start by cleaning the exterior of electronic devices to help stop further corrosion and damage. Electronics will be cleaned and inspected by a qualified electronics technician.
Document / Photograph Drying
When your valuable documents, including photographs, are damaged by water and mold, extreme caution should be taken to help ensure the water damage does not destroy the document. Although some documents may not be restored to pre-water damage condition, SERVPRO of Olathe / Lenexa and SERVPRO of Blue Valley can save a great deal and help minimize additional damage.
Depending on the type of documents and the level of water and mold damage, we have five options for the restoration of documents:
- Air Drying
- Freezer Drying
- Vacuum Freeze Drying
- Vacuum Thermal Drying
Contents Claim Inventory Service
When a water emergency strikes, the damage can often feel overwhelming. We can help ease the worry and confusion during the recovery process by offering our Contents Claim Inventory Service (CCIS), which provides a detailed and accurate list of your belongings. We take a room-by-room inventory of your contents, including digital photos, and in some instances, bar coding.
Our Contents Claim Inventory Service:
- Preloss list and value of contents
- Detailed and accurate report
- Better information to settle claims quicker
- Assistance with burden of proof for claims
- Peace of mind when you need it most