Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
SERVPRO Removes Mold in Kansas City
There are many ways moisture can get inside your home or business, including a foundation crack, leaky roof, or flooding after a storm. No matter how the water damage happens, it is very easy for mold to begin to grow. How fast this happens depends on a combination of conditions which include:
• Source. Organic materials, such as wood, drywall, carpet, insulation, and fabrics.
• Temperature. Though some can grow at very hot or cold conditions, the perfect state is between 68- and 86-degrees Fahrenheit.
• Moisture. Indoor humidity should be below 60 percent.
Once mold begins to grow, it may quickly spread throughout your residential or commercial property. Even small wet areas of spores can produce allergens and irritants with the potential to cause adverse health effects. It is important to dry water-damaged interiors and contents within 24-48 hours to prevent growth. As well, it is essential to monitor humidity levels. Sometimes you cannot see mold, but you can smell it. If mold is suspected, you must fix the water problem and safely remove the spores.
SERVPRO technicians are experts in water removal, proper drying techniques, and cleaning up mold. Learn more about what to do until help arrives by reviewing these mold damage tips.
If mold is found in your home or business, give SERVPRO of Olathe/Lenexa a call! Our team can inspect your property and use our advanced technology to make mold damage "Like it never even happened."
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (913) 782-4693
Some restoration companies advertise “mold removal” and may even guarantee to remove all mold. This is a fallacy because removing all mold from a house or business is impossible; microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. Here are the facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Olathe / Lenexa and SERVPRO of Blue Valley?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
In as little as 48 hours, a minor mold issue can quickly spread through a home or business. Once you contact us, we’re dedicated to starting the remediation process quickly. This fast response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We are trained mold damage specialists who get started quickly to get your home or business back to normal, with specific training and certifications to handle your restoration needs.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our initial focus is to stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber. We invest in ongoing mold remediation training and the latest equipment to serve you better
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different, and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
- Emergency Contact - (913) 782-4693
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
It’s easy to understand why many people struggle to grasp the facts and issues surrounding indoor mold because sensational news stories and advertising cloud and obscure the real issues. Educate yourself with the facts about mold and learn about the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Olathe / Lenexa and SERVPRO of Blue Valley is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are proud to provide mold remediation services in our local communities:
We are proud to serve our local communities: